Visit us at www.tbwa.com.vn

www.tbwa.com.vn

Friday 30 September 2011

Bye bye TBWA [from Rosa the intern]

So today is Rosa's last day.  When she first got here I asked her to pen something so that I would be able to compare it to what she had to say at the end.  See below: 

"Although this is only my third week here, I feel like I have learnt quite a lot of things about advertising. I was given a chance to work on a pitch for the Asean Basketball League from scratch which I thought was quite challenging but at the same time very enjoyable. In addition to getting hands-on experience at a multinational advertising agency, I also had the chance to work with people of different positions at TBWA which was very interesting as I got to know and understand of how it feels like to work as a team. 

With the opportunity to go to meetings with clients at Milkita, present the competitors' review and analysis at Standard Chartered bank and to work on many creative briefs have really helped me gain knowledge of what it is like to work as part of the Account team. One of the things that I learnt is that team work is a very important factor - it would be very difficult to work well in an advertising agency if you are not willing to work with other people. 

I am very excited to continue with my internship here at TBWA and to continue learning new things about the advertising industry."

Since she wrote that, she's helped us win 2 pieces of business!  I asked her to follow it up this afternoon before she left.  This is what she sent me: 

"Wow, its been 3 months already?!

Interning at TBWA had been lots of fun. And to be honest - a lot less scary than I thought it would be. I really enjoyed it and I have learned so many new things these past 3 months.

When I first got my offer to become an intern here for the semester, I was pretty nervous as not only is it my first job at an advertising agency, but also at a global advertising agency! However, after getting to know everybody here, I really felt like I was part of the team.

I was very lucky to be chosen to intern at TBWA for the semester. This internship has taught me a lot of what it is like to work in the field of advertising and had gained me a lot of new friends.

Thank you for such a great time, TBWA Vietnam."


I promise she wrote this under no duress.  Rosa, you'll be missed.  Good luck in the future.  We'll keep an eye on the trades for your success.

- George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!